Brand Protection Consulting
As part of handling projects related to brand protection, Spire works with global brands on anti-counterfeit projects, and has undertaken projects concerning the prevalence of counterfeit products across Asia, Central Asia, the Americas and even the Middle East region.
Our research is custom-built to the unique needs of each of our clients. Here is a framework of Spire’s work with a leading American printing technology firm on anti – counterfeiting of printer supplies.
- Project Objectives: Conduct a market study and assess the share of counterfeits in more than a dozen selected countries on an annual basis.
- 4 components of research:
- Spire undertook mystery shopping*
- Spire team inspect purchased samples.
- Genuine cartridges handed over to the local office, counterfeit cartridges sent to labs for further investigation.
- Spire performs statistical modelling based on city, channels and SKUs (Stock Keeping Units) of the cartridges.
- Spire report is submitted to the Client’s Global office.
- Consolidation/ Reporting and Dissemination
- Report is disseminated to the Client’s country teams and investigator teams
*Mystery shopping is a market research technique to measure, and monitor on an on-going basis if necessary, the interactions between a customer and a company or organisation in a pre-defined scenario.